PS4 controller won't connect

HMCSFireFly

Same problem for me, but it's whenever I set it on my lap or even put my hand between the controller and console, but it only started it this year.

It's not my controller, it's my console, because I can connect to a PC just fine, no unresponsiveness.

Arthurz27

1. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING!
  2. Nothing worked
  3. Advice: Don't let your controller die while your PS4 is on.
  4. My PS4 is a paper weight now.
  5. SONY PlayStation & friends are very happy, I'm sure, now they can make more money because of their console's systemic obsolescence... or is it programmed? Regardless, it certainly is planned obsolescence. I'm convinced after going in circles with them for months on end.
  6. Contrary to the title of this video, I believe that man to be sane, a hero, prophetic even, knowing that one day soon... the PS4 will not work anymore.

Lewhipster

Hey there

@Big Homie Josh, I recently just cleaned my ps4 completely, put it all back together. I had a problem similar to you where my controller would charge but wouldn't connect. However I found a solution that may work. I took of the bottom casing off where the metal plate covers the motherboard and found that one of the antenna cables was disconnected. This cable is located at the front of the PS4 Pro near the USB ports, which is why they weren't connecting. After I reconnected it both my controllers connected instantly.

Hope this helps!

Rob

gameonatps

From
Karnataka, India
Hey Guys, I am looking for some help. Here is my post, please reply if you have a better options to reduce pain in the fingers using the controller in PS4.

StevenTillson02

In most of the case, the issue is with Windows 10 system and not with your PS4 settings. So I recommend you to please check these steps first.

Remove The PS4 Controller From The Bluetooth Devices

1. Make sure the controller has enough battery power (above 10%), then reboot the computer.
  2. Click on the Cortana search box > type “Control Panel” > select the first option at the top.
  3. In the Control Panel, click on “devices and printers”.
  4. In the list, find the PS4 Bluetooth controller > right-click on it > select Remove Device.
  5. Select Yes.

Download And Install DS4Windows Application To Fix PS4 Controller Driver Error

1. Download the latest version of DS4Windows.
  2. Open the zip file and extract the files to the desired location on your hard drive.
  3. Run the DS4Window .exe installer by double-clicking on it.
  4. To install the drivers automatically, you need to use a professional tool that will do all the work for you.
I just started having the same issue yesterday. Keeps popping up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" for some reason. The controller's working fine on my PS4 and the USB cable still charges both the controller and PS4 headset with no issues. When I click on get help with Windows 10, it shows me some steps to download and update drivers. Somehow, it updated my drivers and fixed the issue.

So you can also try it.

Maezcbny2

Disconnect the controllers, shutdown the PS4, unplug ps4 from the socket, wait 30secs. reconnect power, switch on PS4, try reconnecting controllers.