PS4 PS4 controller not working

Imaga12

I know there are a million solutions to this problem, but none address the problem I have.

My first controller works just fine. The second one is the problem. It doesn’t connect via Bluetooth or the cable.

It does appear in the devices menu as DUALSHOCK 4 with no green icon.
I know it’s not the cable fault because the controller works just fine in the safe boot menu!
I don’t know what to do, every solution post is the same stuff I tried. Please help of you can.

Is the cable a genuine Sony one or third party? Often third party are just charge only.
I take it the controller is a genuine PS4/Sony one?
Does the controller show it is charging when connected?
When connected via the cable can you place the DS4 in pairing mode to connect it via bluetooth?

@Anankha,
Yes the cable and controller are original.
It is charging and blinking orange.
When I try to pair it via bluetooth it blinks white for a while then flashes red for a second. After that it shuts off. Like it pairs and immediately turns off.

@Anankha,
I did try to pair it with the cable connected, but still nothing.
I have to maybe try charging it via a wall adapter for a while just to be shure. It always flashes orange when it’s plugged in to the console.

@Anankha,
unfortunately it did nothing. I charged it all the way via a wall oulet and it just wont connect.
Sometimes while trying to connect with the cable plugged in, it gets into a state when the colors shift from purple to blue all the time. I cant find anything about that.
I think its prapobly a hardware issue. A faulty battery or something. I can still use it with my PC just fine.
Anyway, thanks for the help. Maybe someday It’ll work again.

Sorry for not answering,
Yeah I also did that a couple of times. I delete it, then plug it in and try to pair. It does show up as new device.

I bought it through a online auction store in my country. It said that it was an original one. It worked fine with my PS4 and I never had any pop up warning about it.

Then it may not be genuine & while it worked with PS4 the PS5 may be able to detect non genuine peripherals.
Check for this here:

Back