PS4 Connect the controller cable to the console

maubejr

I am new to the whole Playstation thing so please forgive me for any dumb questions. lol So I just purchased a used Playstation 4 to get me started but I am having trouble getting connected. So I hooked up the power and ran the HDMI cable to my tv. A screen comes on that says I need to connect the controller to the console which I did. I get a message on the tv (in about 20 different languages) that says to connect the controller cable to the console and hit the PS button which I did. Now I get a message that says that I need to hook up the cable from the controller to the console (which I already did) OR I have to re register and it won't let me go any further than that. I am at a loss. If anyone could walk me through this I would appreciate it very much.

Marcel

Have you tried resetting the controller via the pinhole on the back? You’ll need to insert something long & thin into the hole for a few seconds.
Does the controller light up (shows charging).
From where did you purchase the PS4?
I can only think the cable isn’t genuine or isn’t charge & sync compatible.

omg im having the same issue right now XD. i've tried everything except using a different cable but will that do anything?

Have you tried resetting the controller via the pinhole on the back? You’ll need to insert something long & thin into the hole for a few seconds.
Anankha I haven't tried to reset the controller yet but the controller does light up when I plug it in. It's like a yellowish tint light. I purchased it from someone I knew local to me and it looks like it's been hardly used and it has the original cables.

It was the cable!!! I tried a new cable and was able to set everything up!!! Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Back