When are they going to release Alien Isolation 2?

Steve30000

From
The UK 🇬🇧
The first one ended on a cliffhanger... Sega did really well with this game, they got the environment spot on, it'd be great if they could develop the second one.

They could make it even better with the capability of the ps5 specs.

It came out on pc as well, so I'm surprised that 6 years later there's no sequel

It's not happening any time soon. Creative Assembly is working on Total Wars for Windows and another project that's not related to Alien.

Real shame if its just a one off. They got that game spot on, quite a few times that game made me jump

All talk about the sequel came from a single rumor published by Official Playstation Magazine a few years ago, which turned out to be BS. The head of Creative Assembly has openly said that Alien Isolation didn't make much money in sales and that Sega would be very unlikely to approve a sequel.

Also, most of the team that worked on that game no longer works at Creative Assembly.

I think the fact that the other game: colonial marines was so bad, people weren't likely to trust a developer to get an alien game right again.

So when isolation came out, I'd assume that most gamers wanted to wait to see what others thought of it first, and check the reviews out.
That's what harmed the sales imo. It was already tarnished unfairly by a different game based on the same environment

I think the game still ended up selling something like 2 million copies, but possibly after it went on sale, which hurt Sega's bottom line.

I think the game still ended up selling something like 2 million copies, but possibly after it went on sale, which hurt Sega's bottom line.
Think you're right there.

I'm sure I noticed it was half price within 3 months of it going on sale. I was a bit shocked to see it on sale in that store so soon tbh

Back