PS4 Tried to beat HAOS in RE6, deleted game

deloricus

I've loved RE since the beginning; RE2 is one of the best games ever made. I liked RE1, RE3, RE4, Zero, and loved Code Veronica and RE5... but RE6 has been such an aggravating clusterFFFF of sloppy game implementation. I've never given up on an RE game until now.

I got through Leon's campaign; it was a cheesy chore, but had some fun moments. I got through most of Chris's campaign pretty good; somewhat enjoyable.

I get through HAOS just fine until the final battle... the hit connection is so random that I can't tell enough where to NOT be or which of my hits actually connected for damage. I've tried so many different weapons and strategies, I read several blog posts and watched videos on how to do it the best. I've gotten through the cocoon twice; but no matter what, some random hit from somewhere kills me, or it grabs me while I'm trying to switch weapons or run away or roll out... the controls and camera and visuals are just so cumbersome and busy, that the 50th time I just randomly died from some hit I didn't see coming that I just exited and deleted the game. I'm so sick of it. Often the same positioning and animations will happen that don't cause a hit... which just creates these vulnerable situations. I didn't try to find someone to play Piers, it's OK, it's not that big of a deal.

I'm an RE completist, but completing is deleting for RE6 for me now. I hated the demo when it first came out years ago, and I hate it even more now that I've payed for it and played this far. I'm completely fine not living its story to move on to RE7. The way it's portrayed anyway, it'll probably be more fun just watching someone do an edited playthrough. Maybe I'm too late to the game and need another player, but really, I liked the RE7 demo, so it's probably better I stop wasting my time trying to complete RE6 when it's just randomly sucker-punching me. Not worth the git gud for me

Back