PS4 Random shutting down

Mini1878

So at the beginning of this month my PlayStation started randomly turning off in the middle of use. After a solid 16 hours or so it will be able to turn back on but until that time it does not respond to anything, as if there is no power. At first I thought it was overheating as it had been some time since I had cleaned out the dust. After meticulously cleaning out all the dust. I turned it back on and the problem still persisted. After that I checked the thermal paste and thermal pads, All of the thermal pads were perfectly okay, but the thermal paste was almost completely dry, so I completely replaced it with better thermal paste. However, it keeps randomly turning off still, now at shorter and shorter intervals. I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with overheating and from what I can see the power supply is perfectly intact. Can anyone suggest something I could try or tell me what's wrong with it so I can fix it, please? Would love to save it rather than just getting a new console. Anyways thanks in advance.

Normally the console does this when it is put in an area that has no air flow to remove the hot air coming from the PS4
so you just sucking hot air into the PS4. For a long period of time this could cause permanent damage. I would start by
replacing the power supply and fan. Also not sure where your PS4 is stored but I keep mine either on the ground away from the TV console or on top of my desk pointed air flow. Also older PS4 console's have power sensor instead of the button. Try cleaning that too. I hope this helps a little.

Back