OMG SUPPORT?

Torrey_1

I just got off chat with PS lack of support and was told there was nothing they could do to help me recover my account. I changed my phone number and can't bypass MFA. Gave the rep ALL of my info including last transaction order number, debit card 1st and last 4 digits, serial number off my PS4. Then he/she/they tells me point blank they can't help me and to gather all of my info and contact them when I have this information. I've had an account for, I don't know, 15 years and this is my first support call. Did they tell me which information wasnt current? WT actual F. I'd create a new account but what about the purchases I've made? Well, guess I'll be saving my money and going back to PC gaming! What a great experience from a company I've been supporting for years. Tired of the lack of customer service these days and it's just getting worse. I'll be sure to tell my friends.

Were you using an authenticator app or did you receive a text with the authentication code? Did you remember to save your backup codes for the account in case the authentication didn’t work?
Usually any company will either refuse to help with MFA or will require 100% proof of ownership.
If you used an app then this should still be available, if not due to a change of phone then it may be possible to recover if the phone backed up the app’s information to the cloud.

Back