Banned for attempting to sell things on the platform

MJ88

Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation and I was wondering if anyone here could offer some advice. Recently, I received an email from PlayStation stating that I had been permanently banned for allegedly attempting to sell things on the platform.

The thing is, I was just making an innocent non-offensive joke to my friends about some soccer cleats, and I had absolutely no intentions of selling anything. Unfortunately, PlayStation didn't seem to get the context and banned me anyways.

I just want to clarify that I've never said anything offensive or cursed on PlayStation. I've always tried to be respectful and follow their guidelines. I've been a long-time user of PlayStation and have spent hundreds of dollars on in-game content. I also spend hours playing with my friends on this account, so you can imagine how frustrated I am right now. I've tried contacting PlayStation multiple times via phone and live chat, but I've just been hung up on.

I've also reached out to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to file a complaint against PlayStation and I'm currently waiting for a response from them.

I really don't want to lose all the progress I've made on my account and all the money I've invested in it. So, I'm hoping someone here might have some advice for me. What should I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Back