PS4 Unable to connect controller to PS4

wiz654

I recently purchased a second hand ps4 slim from a seller on ebay and i'm trying to set it up but I'm stuck on the "connect controller display" and i cant seem to go any further. I can't connect the controller no matter what i do. i've tried everything. is it because the cable i use for the controller isn't genuine? any answers and help would be much appreciated.

image:

is the controller showing that it is charging? The cable needs to be charge & sync compatible & many cheap cables are just charge only.

when i plug the cable in the controller, it flashes orange once and thats it... does that mean its charging?

It should slowly flash orange. If it only does it once then the cable or controller may be faulty or the controller has been reset so needs to be synced again.

That is the exact screen that I am stuck at!!! Maybe the person that you bought it from hard reset it so that no info of theirs would be on it. maybe it's just a matter of syncing the controller to the console.

i just bought a data sync ps4 controller cable online, waiting for it to be delivered. hopefully that works when it arrives!

FYI….tried a new cable and it worked perfectly!!! I was able to get by that annoying screen and setup everything!!!

IT FINALLY WORKED! I used an official playstation charger cable, plugged it in and was able to set it up! no more pulling my hair out hahaha XD! Thanks for your help and I'm glad you got it working yourself! have fun gaming! :)

It should slowly flash orange. If it only does it once then the cable or controller may be faulty or the controller has been reset so needs to be synced again.
I got it working by using an official playstation data cable! thanks for your help! :))

Back