The Frustration of Losing PlayStation Exclusivity - Is It Just Me?

TheKennman

Hey, PlayStation Nation! 👋🏻

First of all, I'm happy to be in your lovely forum for updates and discussions on the best PS titles. ❤️

I've got something I've been stewing over for a while, and I'm sure I can't be the only one ruffled by this. You know that sense of pride we get as PlayStation owners when we get to play those insanely good exclusive games? The feeling that we're part of a community that has something special? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Now, I don't want to sound like a grumpy old gamer, but I've been feeling a bit miffed lately. I'm talking about games like Days Gone, The Last of Us – titles that were once the crown jewels of the PlayStation exclusives, games that we could call our own. But lo and behold, they're being ported to other platforms, and this, frankly, ticks me off a bit.

And you know whats worse? It's the PC gamers. There, I said it. ...

I mean, they're over there clacking away on their keyboards and mice, completely oblivious to the magic of the DualSense controller, the adaptive triggers, and the immersive haptic feedback that we PlayStation gamers have come to love. They're missing out on the full experience, yet they get to play our games!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for spreading the joy of gaming, but it just feels wrong to see our exclusives, crafted meticulously for the PlayStation experience, being handed over to PC gamers. Especially when they tend to act like they're the elite of the gaming world.

It's not just about the games, it's about the culture, the community, and the experience. It's about the feel of the controller in your hands, the tension in the triggers, the subtle feedback that immerses you in the game world. It's something that you just can't replicate on a PC.

So, am I the only one feeling this way? Are you bothered by our exclusives being ported to other platforms? Let's have a discussion.

And to all the PC gamers lurking here - no offense, but you're missing out big time! 😚😉

End rant.

It sucks to lose exclusivity but giving these games to PC gamers is still better than releasing them on competing consoles. PC doesn't compete with PS5 that much. Also, there are still plenty of exclusives on PlayStation. They are only making older games available on PC afaik.

You don't know the half of it...

They are treating these Games like dog crap on Computers right now...
They are treating their Customers like dog crap right now, as well...

Also, when people call Today's Games actually good Games?

I think to myself, these people don't know what Good Games are,
or they don't know what makes a Game a Good Game...

There is a Good Game, a Great Game, & then there is a Bad Horrible Game...

Now, there are very few Great Games out there...
Great Games are like Games that even make Triple A Games look bad...

A Good Game is something like
Tomb Raider, The Evil Within, Madden 09, Armored Core 1-4,
BF Bad Company 1, Medal Of Honor, Mario Oddysy, Legend Of Zelda,
Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3, Dead Space 1-2, & Mod Nation Racers...
(It's about Strong Characters, Strong Stories, Good Special Effects, & Great Visuals)

A Great Game however is something like: FEAR 1, Silent Hill 1-3, Halo 1 & 2,
Original Resident Evil 1, Metroid 1 & Super Metroid, Motor Storm 1, & MAG...
(It's about the Feel of the Game, the Strong Immersion, & Intense Driven Stories)

What do you think makes a Game worth it to you?

Can't say I don't share the feeling, but as other comments has stated, PC isn't having the whole PlayStation experience, for myself the thing that has me stick to my PlayStation is the Dualsense, even when I have a PC myself, I prefer to play, for example, Wreckfest on my PS5 for the haptic feedback and adaptative triggers

Back