PS2 Unable to read the disc

Ryuji

I apologize for my english.
Hi I want to explain this particular problem that happens with my ps2 version SCPH-90004.
So I bought a practically used game with very few scratches that was supposed to be tested and working, I go to try it on my ps2 and it doesn't start, "impossibile leggere il disco" in italian, "unable to read the disk" it says... So I took it back to the shop and the guy tried it with me present on his ps2 and it starts perfectly, it started at first time. Now, my ps2 reads all the games, I have dozens of them and it has never given any problems, furthermore I have games that are 1000 times worse than that, all scratched and are read easily.
The game cost 5 euros and even if I could get my money back, I decided to keep the game to try it on another ps2, because according to what the guy in the shop told me, it could be due to the fact that some ps2 models don't read some blue cds (the cd with the blue reading part), I have other cds of that type and it reads them, so I'm doubtful...
I don't know if it could depend on the lens of my ps2, but it seems strange to me because it works perfectly with all games...
Also I tried to put the playstation setting "diagnosis" to ON and for a couple of times it started, then it didn't start anymore, so I don't know if it was a coincidence and it started 2 times random or not, anyway that's all. What do you think is the problem? Thank you

Back