PS5 No Display From PS5 To Monitor When PC Is On

Gugz

Has anyone had a similar issue as the title suggests, no display on monitor, when the PC is connected to the the same monitor.
Here is my setup.

PS5
Xbox series X
PC
Denon x2800h AVR
8k LG 65qned TV
Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32 Monitor

To my monitor I have connected
PC (DP)
PS5/XSX (HDMI 2)

To my AVR I have connected
HDMI 4 (PC)
HDMI 5 (XSX)
HDMI 6 (PS5)
Monitor out 1 (TV)
Monitor out 2 (Monitor)

So if I want to play PS5 I switch the input on my monitor to HDMI 2, and all was good. I just have to press AUX 2 on my AVR.
If I want to use XSX, again make sure out put on monitor is HDMI 2 and press AUX 1 on AVR

Everything has been working fine until recently, when I switch to PS5 on my monitor, the display keeps reverting back to my PC display. Unless I turn my PC off or put it to sleep. Then the display for my PS5 comes up.

If I turn my XSX on, everything works first time, no problems. PC can be on or off, XSX switches fine.

I have checked all my leads, all good, checked the HDMI ports all good.

If I roll back the HDCP from 2.3 to 1.4 on the PS5 then I can switch between PC and PS5 (DP to HDMI 2)

But if I change the HDCP back to 2.3, then I have to turn my PC off for the PS5 display to appear on my monitor.

As I mentioned, this switching problem has only recently manifested it's self, no problems before.

I don't know if any updates have affected this, and caused this problem to occur.

The one thing I can think of to try is changing the lead that goes from my PC GPU to AVR.

Currently it is connected via a HDMI to DVI lead. I have had to use a MALE HDMI to DVI adapter on my GPU, as the lead I use was from my old GPU which had a DVI port, so because my new GPU has only HDMI ports and Display ports, I had to use a HDMI to DVI adapter to connect my PC to AVR. May be the PS5 is having problems with the PC DVI adapter, as when you turn the PS5 on it checks everything that is connected, to get the correct handshakes and to setup correct EDID.

I have brought a new HDMI 2.1 lead to connect my GPU to my AVR, to do away with the old HDMI to DVI lead.

If this doesn't solve the problem, I don't know what else to try.

Anyone have any Ideas.

Last edited:
I don't know if we are having the same problem but when I start up my ps5 I can navigate through the main menu, I can even play Astro's Playroom. I even downloaded Destiny 2 to see if I could access that game. Destiny works fine. As soon as I click on MW3 or Last of Us II it will show the title screen then I get a black screen and a message from my tv that there is no HDMI connected.
In summary everything works fine until I click on MW3 or LOU2.

My PS5 is almost 4 months old. I have been playing with no issues for months.

I have tried brand new HDMI cords to no avail. I have done all the removing power, cords, restarts, updates and nothing helps.
Is this problem in the games I'm trying to play or the ps5 itself.
I am also having issues when going into the playstation store. Lots of empty envelopes and no access. Usually comes up with a internet refresh, but seem like I have to do it all the time.

Getting frustrated.

@TMFC1973 From the details you have given, I don't think we have the same issue. My issue is, if I run my PS5 through my AVR, it won't display on my monitor, it just displays, as if there is no input and reverts back to my PC. If I plug my PS5 directly into monitor, bypass the AVR I get a display. My AVR is HDMI 2.1 compatible, and is capable of 8K output. Everything has been working fine, until a couple of months ago. I think it may have something to do with the PS5. I contacted Sony who were as much use as a chocolate teapot, there response was they are not responsible for 3rd party compatibility, which is a clause they use, do get out of any compatibility issues. In your case what TV do you have, and have you checked the TV settings, and do they align with your PS5 settings. In regards to your PS Store issue, is your PS5 hardwired to the internet, or are you using WIFI.

@Gugz I have a

SAMSUNG 75-Inch Class QLED 4K Q70C Series Quantum HDR, Dual LED, Object Tracking Sound Lite, Q-Symphony, Motion Xcelerator Turbo+, Gaming Hub,​

I did a hdmi troubleshoot and the tv suggested using a different resolution. I did this and bingo! I have visual again. My concern now is why isn't the gaming mode working on my tv. And why is only on COD and The Last of Us. When I play Destiny I have no problems with the high resolution high refresh rate gaming mode.
This problem just started too. I have been playing COD in game mode ever since I got the tv in December.

If you force your PS5 to HDCP to 1.4 instead of HDCP 2.3 do you get the same issue. In order to change your HDCP settings you need to boot PS5 in safe mode. When you play COD is it running at 4K@60 or 4l@120.

Back