PS4 PS4 keeps losing connection

So today I gave Wifi another go, played 4 COD Vanguard Multiplayer games without interruption but then it crashed/lost connection. I immediately checked the PS4 connection in the system menu and that was down, however I checked my laptop at the same time and the speeds were normal with no loss of connection, the laptop was 6ft max away from the PS4. The PS4 wouldn't reconnect until I restarted it.

I've ordered some of the broadband over powerline adapters and they'll come on the next couple of days so it will be interesting to see if the connection is more stable with those. I'm still not sure why the PS4 loses connection when other devices in the same room don't.

I wonder if the problem is with the PS4 rather than the Wi-Fi? is there anything between the PS4 & the router which could affect connection?
Hopefully the adapters will fix the problem.

I don't know, it's so confusing :LOL: It's definitely only been an issue since having the new router though 🤔

Very true, it does sound odd. My guess (and what I'm kind of hoping) is that the PS4 is sensitive to Wifi and that when it drops out it's just taking a while to connect itself back online again, and maybe if I waited it would do it itself without me having to restart. At least this way the power adapters should solve it (y)

Quick update, been running the PS4 with connection via the broadband over power adapters and not lost connection once. It does glitch now and again where the frame freezes for a split second and then 'jumps', but it's very infrequent. I will try it over wifi again at some point out of curiosity.

Well I'm still having issues with Vanguard, with the broadband over power adapter I'm not losing connection but I'm getting a lot of stuttering making the game unplayable. If I go to the PS4 menu and test the internet connection it's all over the place, one minute it's 40mbps download 6mbps upload, then I test again and it's 15.6mbps download 88.9kbps upload. I've tried opening up the ports on my router but this hasn't helped. Wifi has better/smoother gameplay but drops connection.

I'm wishing I'd not moved to sky for my Broadband now.

Are you within the 14 day cooling off period? If yes then you can return to BT.
If not then a call to Sky may be needed.

No unfortunately not, however I've opened another port and it seems to be OK, fingers crossed.

Back